Tuesday, 19 February 2013

Turn Around Tuesday

Well, I'm loving this whole blogging thing. Seriously, my mind races to blog ideas whenever i'm not consumed with other things. Right now i'm in the car driving on these roads (scarrrrry!)...




 and headed to an eye appointment. I've never needed glasses, but maybe this time I will. I'll be thrilled if i do- i've always wanted them. They are a fun accessory, they make you look studious and I look good in them. (just sayin'). And yes, i'll probably hate them in a month. Oh well! Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game... Or maybe don't let the fear of hating something in the future keep you from loving it now! 



Today was super BLAH, you know what I mean right? I woke up late and had to substitute a full body shower for just a quick hair wash.Therefore i've felt gross again today. Usually after a day like yesterday I try to look good. As I scurried out the front door I realized I forgot my binder and had to run back and get it. From there the day did improve but in all honesty it was not a day for the record books. Although I'm not losing hope! The day could still get better! I could get glasses, I could nail all my lines at drama rehearsal. For all I know this could still end up as the best day all week. 

Oh, i guess i should tell you about the musical i'm in. my school is doing the musical "The Wizard Of Oz"; super cool right?? The most exciting part is that i'm the Wicked Witch (AHHH! So cool!) It's a fairly over whelming role, and requires a lot of confidence, but i'm sure I can do it! And just because I think I can, I CAN. I have a whack load of lines to memorize by this weekend; streeessful! This über crazy role is stretching me beyond my comfort zone and growing my acting abilities. I tend to second guess myself and my instincts, so playing this character is really pushing my limits.
i'm here in the waiting room with two men probably around the age of 65. and they definitely don't know I have a blog, or that I like cherry suckers the best, or that I love cows. and it makes me wonder about these men, what are their stories? They are entering seniority (is that a word???) and exiting youth. How interesting? I love being in the midst of older people, they are a blessing, these people have lived life. I often think about how lucky they are, they already know that they'll live long, that they won't die young. I would love to have that assurance. Not only that but these men impraticular have grown old and not become bitter by the world, but to my limited knowledge, grown better.


{SOME TIME PASSES}



Ok so just then the doctor came and got me. But now I have some super EXCITING news to tell you!! I'M GETTING GLASSES! WAHOOO! Haven't found any that I particularly like, but this Saturday i'm going to shop around some more.

Thanks to the power of positive thinking, a stigmatism in my left eye and near sightedness my day is turning around. Time to eat supper, then off to drama practice.
Keep filling that mind of yours with GOOD thoughts.
-Rach :)




Having a rough day? Seen The Hunger Games? This is SURE to brighten your day :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QjGk_jU6t5A#!

Follow me on Pinterest! http://pinterest.com/rachlove16/





No comments:

Post a Comment