Wednesday, 6 March 2013

Spring Into Summer: Style Me Happy

I am LOVING this year's spring trends. Here are the things I am loving!




 Don't fret, those colored bottoms of yours are still on trend. Either go with a poppin' pink, cobalt blue or try pastels. :)




 Keep your hair nice and relaxed, I love this pony. And these tousled curls are perfect for second (..or if your like me third. hey, we all have our problems.) day hair. Keep it simple, clean, fresh. Isn't that what spring is all about?






Make-up trends this year are very fun. Believe it or not.. blue eye shadow is having a moment. (Plleeeease, please let this be a VERY short moment!). I am definitely NOT one for blue make up. But I love the pop under the eye. Doing a full on ocean blue eye would be over whelming and could end up making you look like your mom in the 80's. (no disrespect.)

On another, much happier note, bold lips are still in. Feel free to rock those deep plum and crimson pouts one more season, but if your looking to be the epitome of style pull out those  long lost coral lipsticks. Coral, hot pink and subtle red (ha, is there such a thing) are going to be your best friend. Even orange is hitting store shelves.

*tip: choose colors with blue undertones. they make your pearly whites... well maybe those pearly yellows (?) look white! Nothing like a good optical illusion to improve one's appearance. (after all, isn't all make up an optical illusion, haha!)
If you are a fashion risk taker you should love this trend. Bold as can be sunnies are in, in, IN! Go wild. Go crazy. And protect those eyes from the sun! You only get one pair, there aren't even an equivalent to dentures for your eyes. Be good to them AND look fabulous. 


 The blazer is taking a fresh take this spring, the more structured "tuxedo jacket"  is all the rage. The photo above isn't a "tuxedo jacket" exactly, but rather a really cute blazer. Oh well! (you can find this blazer in Lauren Conrad's spring collection)


Take a turn for the sweet, swap those bright pinks and cobalt blues for a creamy, baby pink or peach with a bold twist. Look for pastel clothing items with embellishment, bows and little bit of glitz. It shouldn't be hard to find something along those lines. Stores are knee-high in pastels. 



These photo's cover many trends. Jailhouse stripes, mod, bold sunnies, portfolio clutches; you name it.


Overall: Be BOLD. Not only with clothes but be bold in all aspects of life. There is a quote that says:

"The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."


Apply that to any aspect of life. Be brave. Wear orange lipstick, heart sunglasses. Why not? You have NOTHING to lose. So go for it.


I suggest looking on H & M, Forever 21 & Mod Cloth. If you like to be economical, as do I, check out your thrift store. you never know what treasures you'll come across. (says the girl wearing a vintage Minnie Mouse sweatshirt from Value Village... and writing a fashion blog post. that's a little bit sketchy. isn't it?!)



Remember, your style should dictate YOU. Not the trends. I personally love these so much because it does represent a lot of who I am. I'm bold and love anything (almost anything!)  inspired by the 1950-1980 range. But hey, these trends may not apply to you. So don't wear it if you don't want to.


Stay beautiful. :)

-Rach

More to come on trends in the near future. Til then, what do you think of this year's trends?

No comments:

Post a Comment